An initial contract was awarded to Civmec for civil works, followed by a contract for the supply, fabrication and installation of Structural, Mechanical and Piping (SMP) for BOC Limited.
The contracts involved the construction of a state-of-the-art air separation unit (ASU), to replace an existing ASU and nitrogen liquefaction unit at BOC’s Kwinana site.
Our civil scope included:
- Site clearance, bulk and detailed earthworks
- Drainage, earthworks and other groundworks
- Fabrication, installation and testing of underground piping
- Installation of underground site services
- Fabrication of structural steel, construction of ASU shed, acoustic insulation
Our SMP scope included:
- Installation of structural steel, process plant equipment, tanks and vessels
- Completion of heavy lift campaign
- Fabrication and site installation of ASU cooling water, instrument air and process piping
- Cleaning and testing of piping, on and off site
- Cryogenic insulation and cladding of vessels and piping
- Fabrication, painting and installation of ladders and platforms
We were proud to achieve our key safety objectives on this project, with zero LTIs (Lost Time Incidents) to report.
Back to projects