In August 2011, Civmec as part of the CCIG joint venture were awarded the contract for portions of the rectification works of the supplied LNG insulation at Woodside’s Pluto LNG Operation, 190 km north-west of Karratha in Western Australia.
Woodside’s Pluto LNG project will process gas from the Pluto and Xena gas fields, located in the Carnarvon Basin approximately 190 kilometres north-west of Karratha, Western Australia. Onshore infrastructure comprises a single LNG processing train with a forecast production capacity of 4.3 million tonnes a year.
Civmec provided the following:
- Training and mobilisation of over 200 workers
- Established site management team and implementation of site processes
Cryogenic insulation rectification works on equipment and piping including:
- Dismantling of existing cladding and cryogenic insulation
- Re-Lagging (installation)
- Re-Cladding (installation)
- Pre-fabrication of sheet metal in own site workshop
- Pre-fabrication of PIR elbows for cryogenic insulation
The time sensitive nature of the contract required Civmec to mobilise a workforce consisting of over 200 employees and a complete site management team within a short timeframe. In total, 130,000 man hours were accrued in a safe and productive manner. This project demonstrates Civmec’s ability to respond quickly to client requirements and draw from our integrated capability to deliver projects of significant size and complexity in a safe and efficient manner that meets quality requirements.
Back to projects